[Mapbender-dev] [Fwd: [OSGeo-Discuss] Summer of Code]

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at wheregroup.com
Wed Mar 7 02:53:11 EST 2007

Hi,
those of you who have followed the Discuss list might already have read
about it. OSGeo is still looking for projects applying for the Google
summer of code. This is now on very short notice and I hesitate to talk
about it at all because I know that we are all very busy.

But if you have a good, solid idea for a project that could be done in
this framework consider proposing it. Keep in mind that proposing a
project will almost surely make you the mentor at the same time. I know
that some of you have lots of experienc with students from other realms
and know that often the time needed to explain things and help along is
more than what you get back. Bu then again we have never done it on this
scale. Currently there is no web mapping client development project except
in the MapGuide SoC ideas. I guess that you are full of ideas...

Best regards,
Arnulf.