[Mapbender-dev] scheduled IRC meeting

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at wheregroup.com
Thu Mar 8 13:00:28 EST 2007

On Wed, March 7, 2007 16:17, Christoph Baudson (WhereGroup) wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> it might be a good idea to have a regular Mapbender developer meeting
> via IRC.
>
> Mailing lists are too inefficient if you want things get done; with a
> regular discussion on IRC the Mapbender development might gain some
> momentum.
>
> There are some things we need to set straight up front. We need
>
> 1) a moderator, who maintains a topic list and sends a reminder to the
> mailing list. If no one else is willing to do it, I would volunteer.

+1 for Christoph

> 2) a time slot. Late afternoon CET on a weekday would be fine in my
> opinion.

I have a pretty tight schedule and on top travel too much, so I am not a
reference for a date. Time is a bitch or at least time zones are. The
later we meet in the afternoon the higher are chances that people from
across the Atlantic join us. The earlier we are the higher are the chances
to connect with people from east of here or down under. As most active
developers come from UTC+1 I guess it would be wise to stay within regular
office hours.

Keeping all that in mind I suggest Monday 17:00 (5pm) UTC+1 (check the
real time at your place in the Wiki page below that Christoph set up)

Best regards,

> I have set up a wiki page where a topic list (and an archive) might be
> maintained. Take a look at http://www.mapbender.org/index.php/IRC_Meeting
>
> Let us know what you think.
>
> --
> Baudson Christoph