[Mapbender-dev] Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-DEV] PSC Member Nomination

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at wheregroup.com
Wed May 9 11:50:03 EDT 2007

Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Steve Lime wrote:
>> Frank, I concur with your responses (good questions Arnulf). I was
>> planning to reinvigorate
>> the PSC nominations discussion last night but this thread beat me to
>> it. We need to act on these
>> nominations (Umberto and Jeff to date) in a relatively timely fashion.
>> I think we're stuck on two
>> issues:
>>
>>   - PSC size
>>   - a nomination process when bootstrapping the PSC
>>
>> Neither of those are particularly well addressed in the RFC, hence the
>> trouble. I think once we
>> get past an initial surge in membership this will work fine. Any
>> thoughts on size?
>
> Steve,
>
> I'm flexible on PSC size myself.  Certainly up to a dozen is no problem.
>
> I think the nomination process is currently clear.  Folks are nominated
> for the PSC by making a motion to add them.  Then a vote follows.  It may
> not be a very good process, but I think it is clear.
>
> Best regards,

Hey Frank, Steve,
thanks for the input. I was just about to resign from Mapbender PSC to make space for another individual because due to our company merger PSC membership is not balanced according to OSGeo guidelines and I did not want to propose kicking somebody else. This gives us a lot more flexibility.

Some time back I suggested to create an OSGeo PSC and governance template to be voluntarily used by FOSS projects who are interested. MapServer RFC23 is a good start, maybe we should shove this over to Iccubation and get them to sort it out. We will test run it on Mapbender and then propose something.

Mapbender Developers,
please have a peek into the attached mail, there are some ideas regarding PSC and guidelines that might help sort out some of our open issues. We should continue to develop the corresponding pages in the Mapbender Wiki.

Best regards,
Arnulf.