[Mapbender-dev] Languages and Internationalization

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at wheregroup.com
Fri May 11 14:04:20 EDT 2007

Hi,
there are several open threads that touch the language issue. We have as yet no solution and not decided which way to go. Before indicidual solutions are implemented for treegde2, gui, error messages, using files, database or gettext and so on we should try to find one generic solution.

We have some funded work to start work on this problem at the end of May until now we should at least have a good overview of the requirements everyone has. There is a really, really old edit in the Wiki from 2005-10-31:
http://www.mapbender.org/index.php/Languages_and_Internationalization

Maybe we could use this to collect all the information.

As a start I have added what was said in this list recently.

Best regards,
Arnulf