[Mapbender-dev] JavaScript compression

Christoph Baudson (WhereGroup) christoph.baudson at wheregroup.com
Wed May 30 11:45:59 EDT 2007

thanks for your suggestion, Marc.

I have checked the tool and the compression rates are better than JSMin's.

While JSMin compressed my sample file (map.js, around 60K) to 70%,
Shrinksafe made it to around 60%. I think I will try to compress the
relevant files with both and want to see if there is a difference. If
not, then Shrinksafe is definitely a good choice.

I have also found a nice online interface at

http://alex.dojotoolkit.org/shrinksafe/

The next step would be to find an easy way of compressing all the
relevant files in one go, preferably via Eclipse's "Export", as Uli
suggested. How do we proceed? I have created a ticket at

http://trac.osgeo.org/mapbender/ticket/54

Christoph