[Mapbender-dev] Mapbender release plan

Christoph Baudson (WhereGroup) christoph.baudson at wheregroup.com
Wed Nov 14 04:41:24 EST 2007

Mid-December will see the next version of Mapbender. Instead of
releasing a 2.5 version, I would recommend releasing 2.4.4.

2.4.4 would be a bug fix release, more or less just containing the
patches that are currently listed at Trac. I propose releasing an RC1 at
Nov 23, followed by a three week test phase. By then, we should have a
stable version, as there are hardly any changes; I guess we could even
find and fix some bugs that stem from 2.4.3 in that time.

The reason for postponing 2.5 is, that 2.5 includes a lot of changes,
that are hardly tested or documented. To stick to our release schedule
(a stable release per quarter) I propose releasing Mapbender 2.5 RC1 in
mid-January, having two month to stabilize over a couple of RCs, and
releasing a stable version by mid-March.

This plan would also mean the feature freeze for Mapbender 2.5 is
postponed; but we should have it in mid-December as well, because of the
holidays. Please enter your new features as "enhancements" with
milestone "2.5 release" as soon as possible. The contents of Mapbender
2.5 would be published before the Christmas break.

Please share your opinions, so we can vote on a release plan next week.

***************************************
Where2B-Konferenz
Die Lösungskonferenz der WhereGroup
am 29. November 2007 in Bonn