[Mapbender-dev] SLD Editor

Michael Schulz mschulz at webgis.de
Thu Oct 4 04:34:22 EDT 2007

Hi Joscha,

I'd like to keep this discussion on the list, since i'm happy if there
are others who think that it is really useful :-)

> > For the scenario you describe, keep in mind that the editor is
> > layer-based, but one approach we're also thinking of, is to hook the
> > editor at the treegde ...
>
> Mit HTML & Co. kenne ich mich nicht so gut aus. Was hat es mit dem
> layer-based auf sich?

The editor creates a sld for each layer of wms, and when you enable
sld usage for a specific wms, then these layer sld snippets are merged
in to one big sld (that was one point why I tended to save the sld in
the file-system)

> Kann man den Editor nicht an beliebiger Stelle im Mapbender "einhängen"?
> Der sollte doch von überall funktionieren, oder? Wir brauchen das
> nämlich bei uns wirklich. :-)

Sure, you could hook the editor where you like, but before we haven't
got a generic integration in mapbender with methods one could use to
customize sld functionality, everyone will come up with his/her own
implementation...

> Die Idee mit dem Editor im TreeGDE finde ich z.B. super!
Good. This was one of the original hooks, we'll look into it.

Cheers, Michael

Michael Schulz
mschulz at webgis.de

in medias res