[Mapbender-dev] Re: [Mapbender] #120: replace ["..."] with dot notation in JS

Marc Jansen jansen.marc at gmx.de
Tue Oct 16 09:47:49 EDT 2007

Hi Christoph,

I thought that the root of the failure might be the (IMHO) incorrect
usage of arrays in Javascript. Correct me if I'm but AFAIK there are no
associative arrays within javascript. The purpose of these are handles
by objects. I know that object have some disadvantages -- e.g. they are
missing the length property.

I personally favor the bracketed syntax, but thats a sole personal
preference.

-- Marc