[Mapbender-dev] mark deprecated functions

Christoph Baudson christoph.baudson at wheregroup.com
Mon Apr 21 09:49:54 EDT 2008

Hi Thomas,

Thomas Baschetti schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> as more and more functions or modules in mapbender
> are deprecated i think it would be useful to mark
> these clearly and visible to all admins. What i'm thinking
> about is something like throwing a notice in the deprecated
> module, e.g. in class_administration.php
> something like this
>
> /**
>  * @deprecated
>  */
> function getGuisByPermission($mb_user_id,$ignorepublic){
>     $e = new mb_notice("administration->getGuisByPermission is deprecated, use user->getGuisByPermission instead!");
>     $user = new User($mb_user_id);
>     return $user->getApplicationsByPermission($ignorepublic);
> }
>

> so if the dev or admin reads the logfiles this will get obvious
> (reading logs anyone? ;-)
>
> What do you think about this?

As a developer, I'm indifferent about it (I'm not a user). But I see
your point.

There are a lot of files to check, and I wouldn't want to go through all
of them. But if you work on a file that contains a deprecated function,
just go ahead and add the notice to it.

Maybe we should move the discussion to the user list?

Thanks

Christoph

--

W h e r e G r o u p GmbH & Co. KG