[Mapbender-dev] Merged branch 2.5 back into trunk

Christoph Baudson christoph.baudson at wheregroup.com
Wed Apr 23 12:25:15 EDT 2008

Today I merged the 2.5 branch back into the trunk.

Here's how I did that

http://www.mapbender.org/Merge

I realized I should have done that regularly. Now there are a lot of
conflicts, which are painful to resolve. I want to encourage developers
with their own branch to carefully read the following:

* I believe you branched off branches/2.5. This was a mistake on my
behalf. In the future, all branches should be branched from the trunk.

* You should keep your development branch up to date, this means
regularly merging the trunk into your dev branch. Read the above
instructions. Only when your development is stable, you are allowed to
merge it back into the trunk. Before that happens, some peer review is
in order. You also need to document your code and so on (read
http://www.mapbender.org/Branch)

* I'm not sure about how to proceed now. Here's the tricky bit, I'm not
sure if you can merge the trunk into your branch if it is branched off
"branches/2.5". If you haven't done any development on your branch,
consider deleting it and re-branching off "trunk"

* if you have done some file changes in your branch, try merging it with
trunk. If that fails, contact us.

I have added a new section to the wiki dealing with version control.
Please take a look at it and comment

http://www.mapbender.org/Category:Version_control

W h e r e G r o u p GmbH & Co. KG

Christoph Baudson