[Mapbender-dev] SoC project report: Mapbender Update Routine

Siddharth Prakash Singh spsneo at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 11:12:55 EDT 2008

What did I do this week:
As suggested by Wolf, I analyzed the update script of Drupal. Their update
script can only update from the last version efficiently. I even talked to
few developers in their IRC channel. They said updating step wise is
recommended. But the best thing about their code is that they have written
it very beautifuly. And the code is documented comprehensively. Also, the
code is modular. A large number of functions to accomplish different tasks.
I learned a lot while analyzing the script.
And then I continued my work on mapbender. By now I have already written a
large number of functions in PHP for updating database structure.
Hoping to complete this part of code in the coming week. Gaining pace now.

No blocks as of now. Will now work in full pace.
Any Queries and Suggestions?
Thanks
--
Siddharth Prakash Singh