[Mapbender-dev] OSGeo Project Sponsorship Opt-In

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at wheregroup.com
Tue Mar 11 12:43:12 EDT 2008

Excellent,
so we have decided to go for it. Next thing is that we need to get ready for it. This means we need to do a few things as it says on this page:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Project_Sponsorship#Project_Reponsibilities

First thing we need is an instruction page. I copied it more or less verbatim from the GDAl/OGR page (http://www.gdal.org/sponsorship.html) only slightly changing the tasks we wish to fund:
http://www.mapbender.org/Sponsorship

* To participate in the project sponsorship program, projects must opt-in. That is the project PSC must pass a motion to participate in the program, with the understanding they will have the following responsibilities.

-> Done, see: http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/mapbender_dev/2008-March/001092.html

*  To maintain a prominent Sponsorship page off the main project web page listing all sponsors. The page should prioritize current sponsors by level, and clearly identify Platinum, Gold and Silver sponsors. Past sponsors should also be listed at the bottom of the page titled as Past Sponsors (at the sponsors option). Sponsors listed should include a sponsor logo or organization name with a link to the organizations web page.

-> Done, funny enough I created page already exactly one year back: http://www.mapbender.org/Credits

GDAL looks like this:
http://www.gdal.org/credits.html

I am unsure whether it can stay like that, if you have an idea please go hack it.

* To pass well documented motions for any expenditure of funds from the project sponsorship fund.

Discussing this on the dev list will automatically achive it for further use. Currently I don't see the need for a separate list.

* To provide clear direction (via the project chair/VP) to the OSGeo Treasurer for any payments to be made from the project sponsorship fund.

Obviously we will have to report how fund have been spent.

* To produce a detailed annual report of activities based on the sponsorship funding to be posted on the web site, and for distribution to sponsors.

This is basically done by making protocols of all meetings and transfers.

Best regards,
Arnulf.