[Mapbender-dev] switchLocale

Christoph Baudson christoph.baudson at wheregroup.com
Tue Mar 25 06:54:55 EDT 2008

For Mapbender 2.5 we need a module to switch between different
languages. Previously there was the module "switchLocale", which
reloaded the GUI after switching the language. This module has now been
replaced by switchLocale_noreload:

http://www.mapbender.org/SwitchLocale_noreload

This is based on AJAX. Each module is responsible for getting the
current language data, whenever the event "eventLocalize" is triggered
by switchLocale_noreload (eventLocalize.trigger()). Besides the event
"eventLocalize", the module should register its localization function
with "eventInit", to make sure the correct language is displayed on
start-up.

We should write a tutorial on how to internazionalize a module. Any
volunteers? As a template, we can take a look at "tabs" or "digitize".
All i18nized modules also have to be tagged
[[Category:Internationalized]] on their module site. The img buttons are
i18nized in map.js, so they are not listed yet; we need to review and
test first.

Any questions on i18n? Let us know

Cheers

FOSSGIS Konferenz