[Mapbender-dev] Relation map object / wms object

Michael Schulz mschulz at webgis.de
Tue May 27 11:44:44 EDT 2008

Hi Christoph,

> This means that you have at least one WMS in two or more map objects, so
> manipulating it in a single map also alters it in the other. I assume

I tought, that only manipulation done in the wms_gui_settings change
the wms in both map objects (i.e. prior to loading the gui). When a
gui is loaded the wms in the different map objects can be changed
without affecting each other - otherwise changes to the wms in the
main mapframe via treegde would change the overview mapframe
accordingly. That is not the case.

> removing the global WMS object and storing the data in each map object would
> be more consistent.

I think your suggestion makes perfect sense. But wouldn't it create a
need for a more complex gui administration interface? Configure the
wms for map object x in application y. Although i think that would be
really powerful. At the moment the wms configuration for the overview
frame is pretty distributed and has a lot of additional magic when
accompanied by certain modules (dynamicOverview, SetBackground).

Cheers, Michael

> Please enlighten me if you have an explanation why the current solution is
> superior.
>
> Christoph
>
> --
> _______________________________________