[Mapbender-dev] install script for windows? - links to cmd / bat help pages

Christoph Baudson christoph.baudson at wheregroup.com
Thu Jul 2 04:16:42 EDT 2009

Thomas Baschetti schrieb:
> Astrid Emde schrieb:
>>  I hope your office cooled down a bit ;)
>
> perfect at the moment ;-)
>

>> I tested your script and it worked fine. I just tried it for
>> * postgresql - UTF8
>> * I had to add PostgreSQL to the PATH-Variable
>> * I liked the way how the script leads through the installation
>>
>> Are the scripts from the workflow more or less the same? Or do we
>> have to take parts from your changes to the install_2.6.sh script
>
> more or less the same.
> Perhaps we (i) can take some parts to make  install_2.6.sh a little
> more elegant/robust.
> But perhaps we shouldn't take too much effort in shellscripting and do
> something in php. I like the way drupal and others do this, complete
> browserbased.
> (Yeah, i know, this takes time we all don't have...)

You are right. This was the aim of last year's GSoC, where Siddharth
implemented an update script, that is not yet in use. When I came up
with the shell script, I used it just for testing the release, and it
was not meant for users.

We could put this on the agenda of the Dev sprint in September. A lot of
developers already contributed to the script, so we could easily form a
work group.

Thanks

Christoph

>> Well done!
>
> thanks
>
> Thomas

***************************
Treffen Sie uns auf der AGIT 2009, vom 8.-10. Juli in Salzburg!
Lassen Sie sich an Stand Nr. 30 über neue Entwicklungen
im Bereich WebGIS informieren!
www.agit.at

W h e r e G r o u p GmbH & Co. KG

Christoph Baudson