[Mapbender-dev] Catalog Schema and Storing Op values

Mifan Careem mifan at opensource.lk
Tue Jul 7 06:35:37 EDT 2009

Dear list,

My current schema to store a catalog object is here:
http://www.mapbender.org/CSW_report_week_3

I currently provide an Admin function to 'Load a Catalog'. In this, I
need to store Operation[1] values from the OperationsMetadata section of
the Catalog's GetCapabilities[2] document. What would the best way be to
store these operations sections (getrecords,describerecords etc.),
considering that I have to make use of the GET/POST values often to make
a CSW search?

Currently, I thought of this:

- Store normal catalog information in the cat table
- store Parameter names and values of the Operations in a seperate
table, like this:
INSERT INTO cat_op_conf(id,op_name,param_name,param_value) VALUES
(2,'getrecords',http_get,http://www.geodata.alterra.nl/excat/csw);
INSERT INTO cat_op_conf(id,op_name,param_name,param_value) VALUES
(2,'getrecords','typename','csw:Record');

etc.

Any suggestions?

[1]: <ows:Operation name="DescribeRecord">
<ows:DCP>
<ows:HTTP>
<ows:Get xlink:href="http://www.geodata.alterra.nl/excat/csw"/>
<ows:Post xlink:href="http://www.geodata.alterra.nl/excat/csw"/>