[Mapbender-dev] HTML validation

Christoph Baudson christoph at baudson.de
Wed Sep 30 13:40:19 EDT 2009

Hi list,

Currently, Mapbender delivers HTML 4.01 Transitional. Unfortunately, the
generated code of our template applications has more than 100 (!)
errors.

I have taken the liberty of addressing this issue in the changeset at
[1].

This changeset fixes most issues, with the following still open
* all forms must have a submit button
* iframes must not have mouseover/out events (introduced recently for
elements in tabs)
* script tag for map.php is in the wrong place (not sure where to put
it...tried the body, but that resulted in JS errors)

I think we should deliver flawless HTML with the advent of Mapbender
2.7, and add a symbol like [2] to each application. You may have noticed
that HTML validation is part of Mapbender's Definition of Done [3]. Each
developer should make sure all contributions match these criteria.

Talk to you soon,

Christoph

[1] http://trac.osgeo.org/mapbender/changeset/4767
[2] http://rw7.de/ralf/valid-html401-small.png