[Mapbender-dev] Telascience autoupdate disabled

Karim Malhas karim at malhas.de
Sat Apr 10 12:11:55 EDT 2010

Dear all,

> I disabled the automatic updates at mapbender.telascience.org
> Up until now, an update was started every 10 minutes, resulting in a very
> broken system.

So today I investigated and found out that updating every 10 minutes is
too much if postgres is not autovacuumed.

Does anyone know why there are two postgres installations (8.0.8 and
8.1.5) are on that system. (The currently active version is 8.0.8)

And a note:

The cronjob contained these lines:

*/10 * * * * svnupdate
*/11 * * * * dbupdate

That runs svnupdate every 10 minutes and dbupdate every 11 minutes
I don't think thats what is intended, which would rather be: "run dbupdate one minute
after svnupdate"
To accomplish this I suggest we make a single script that runs
svnupdate waits for it to finish, and then runs dbupdate

In fact I have taken the liberty of doing exactly that.
The script can be found at /usr/local/bin/mapbender_update

Regards,
Karim