[Mapbender-dev] [Fwd: [Mapbender-users] show own search result in map and overview]

Seven (aka Arnulf) seven at arnulf.us
Mon Apr 12 05:30:52 EDT 2010

Folks,
maybe this is the way to go forward. Instead of trying to improve the
*generic* access to WFS by creating ever more complex user
administration interfaces, open up the API for developer and
designer(!). Then it should be possible to work with the properties of
the WFS (from the DB back end) and the elements returned from a query
even with fairly little software development know-how. I can elaborate
on this is it is not clear what I try to say.

The question is at what point we should stop trying to enhance the
administrative interfaces and rather improve the API, documentation and
tutorials to go forward and enhance programmable access to the objects
and properties.

Best regards,
Arnulf.