[Mapbender-dev] Mapbender elements as jQuery plugins

Christoph Baudson (Wheregroup) christoph.baudson at wheregroup.com
Mon Apr 19 04:15:25 EDT 2010

Hi there,

currently, Mapbender creates jQuery plugins for each application element.

As of version 1.8, jQuery UI provides its widget factory in an
individual file, and it's a powerful tool to create stateful widgets.
Maybe we should use it, we would have another solid code base to build
upon, and would save the documentation time. And we will have it
included in Mapbender 3.x anyway. I would love to use it as we still
have no elements in our Mapbender 3 core.

Check it out [1][2] and let me know what you think

Christoph

[1] http://nemikor.com/presentations/jQuery-UI-Widget-Factory.pdf
[2] http://jqueryui.pbworks.com/Widget-factory

--