[Mapbender_dev] SVN Externals

Karim Malhas karim at malhas.de
Wed Jul 7 03:55:10 EDT 2010

Dear List,

We include a couple of external Libraries in Mapbender by copying them
into /trunk/ and then committing them to our own repository.
This makes tracking changes in these libraries more difficult than it
must be and in  bloats our trunk,

I propose that we set up the svn:external property as described in the
svn documentation [1].

I noticed that our http/extensions/OpenLayers directory differs from
the contents of the Openlayers release tarball. It seems we don't
include all files (such as documentation) so svn:external would maybe
bring in some more files, and we'd need to make sure that potential
differences are found.

Does anyone think this could create issues that I haven't thought of?

Regards,
Karim

[1] http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.0/ch07s03.html