[Mapbender-dev] GSoC 2010 Project - RESTful API for Mapbender [RFC]

Christoph Baudson (Wheregroup) christoph.baudson at wheregroup.com
Thu May 6 02:46:22 EDT 2010

Hi Vikash,

welcome aboard! If you need anything, let us know. I assume you and
Arnulf are already communicating, I wouldn't mind monitoring the
progress on this list. So anytime you want to discuss, report, need
feedback, please feel free to use this list.

Christoph

Vikash Banjara wrote:
> [...]
>     >>
>     >>
>     >>
>     >>> We should also clean out terminology, what is the client side and
>     >>> what is the server side, what is the back end. We could add
>     this as a
>     >>> work package to the first three week design period.
>     >>
>     >>
>     >>>
>     >>> After GSoC starts - First three weeks -
>     >>>
>     >>>
>     >>> Add:
>     >>> ... "Update the Glossary of the project to describe the use of the
>     >>> terms "client", "server", "back end", "application", etc. in the
>     >>> context of the project"
>     >>>
>     >>> +++
>     >>>
>     >>>
>     >>> After first three weeks to Mid-term -
>     >>>
>     >>>
>     >>> Add:
>     >>> ... "We will use a test driven development method and follow
>     the Scrum
>     >>>  process with daily scrums (as the availability of mentor and
>     student
>     >>>  will allow).
>     >>>
>     >>> +++
>     >>> Please consider answering for this question:
>     >>>
>     >>>
>     >>> "How does your SoC task benefit the OSGeo member project, and more
>     >>> generally the OSGeo Foundation as a whole?"
>     >>>
>     >>> Suggestion:
>     >>> "The REST-API project will make it easier to integrate
>     Mapbender with
>     >>> other projects. It will also allow machine access to the
>     management
>     >>> back end data and improve the use of the project as centralized
>     >>> management back end for spatial data infrastructures. This will
>     >>> further improve the USP of the project."
>     >>>
>     >>>
>     >>> +++
>     >>>
>     >>>
>     >>> "Please provide details of previous GIS experience"
>     >>>
>     >>>
>     >>> I suggest you say: "None". This will not be a problem for us
>     (as you
>     >>> already say further down). The project and tasks involved do not
>     >>> require you to have up front knowledge of GIS.
>     >>>
>     >>> +++
>     >>>
>     >>>
>     >>> I will talk over the proposal with Christoph but as far as I am
>     >>> concerned this is already a good proposal. I am happy with it.

AGIT 2010
7.-9. Juli 2010 in Salzburg
Treffen Sie die WhereGroup an Stand Nr. 30
http://www.agit.at
----------------------------------

Aufwind durch Wissen!

Qualifizierte OpenSource-Schulungen