[Mapbender-dev] Mapbender Export

Christoph Baudson (Wheregroup) christoph.baudson at wheregroup.com
Fri May 7 07:41:34 EDT 2010

Hi Karim,

thanks for your initiative and for spearheading this endeavour.

I haven't tried the export myself, but maybe we can take a look at it on
Sunday during the dev sprint.

Christoph

Karim Malhas wrote:
> Dear Devs,
>

> Since I started working with Mapbender I have been confused by the code
> and the database. It is not readily apparent (or I am a little slow on
> the uptake) what does what and how, and the interfaces are not defined
> constistently
>
> Not understanding what something I am interested in is about annoys me,
> and I thought I could to better. So I started my endevavour to classify
> the things that we use in Mapbender and if possible put a consistant
> interface on it - turns out the second part gave me a headache
> and I thought that if my works leads me to the conclusion that I
> would want to change the datastructure I would just be doing
> extra work for nothing - so I made it readonly.
>
> You get can get the code and take a look (see below). There is some
> testing code, but after I decided I only wanted a serialization,
> I stopped writing it.
>
> The interesting parts of each class are it's 'load' and 'toXML' methods.
> The classes that are named in plural form, are just containers
> which allow loading a set of objects, some with the possibility
> to filter, e.g. all user in a group.
>
> An example output can be found here:
> http://karim.malhas.de/misc/output.html
>

> The code is not complete, terrible in places, and for all I know might break
> everything. Don't use it on an important data.
>
> If someone has an idea where I can get a larger Mapbender database dump
> to play with, please let me know.
>

> Instructions:
>
> $ git clone http://karim.malhas.de/dev/mapbender_export.git
> $ cd mapbender_export
> $ git submodule init
> $ git submodule update arcticjs
>
> now adjust the database settings in test/data/mapender.conf
> (or change the path in export.php)
>

> $ make simple
>
> (or just running export.php on the Commandline)
> will create the XML file for you.
>
> There are some convenince functions, which depend on xsltproc and
> xmlstarlt to be installed on your system:
>
> $ make vim
>
> will display the formatted file in vim
>
> $ make uzbl
>
> will create output.html and attempt to open it in the uzbl browser (which
> you probably don't have installed, but really, it's great)
>

> Regards,
> Karim
>
> P.S. What's the reason this list is called mapbender_dev, but is tagged
> [Mapbender-dev] (-  vs. _)  anyone else thinks this mismatch should be fixed?

AGIT 2010
7.-9. Juli 2010 in Salzburg
Treffen Sie die WhereGroup an Stand Nr. 30
http://www.agit.at
----------------------------------

Aufwind durch Wissen!

Qualifizierte OpenSource-Schulungen