[Mapbender_dev] print module with tiled requests?

Michael Schulz mschulz at webgis.de
Tue Sep 28 05:27:49 EDT 2010

Hi,

we are currently working on an enhanced printing functionality with
tiled requests. Basically this variation of class_weldMaps2PNG would
take each map request and split it into tiles. Since most wms servers
are not especially setup to deal with tiled requests, this function is
faced with the usual tile problems, such as cut off or duplicate
labels, lines that cross a tile border look disconnected, etc. So we
try to mimic also a meta tile functionality, requesting larger images
and only placing part of the map in the resulting pdf image.

We are currently thinking if and how a general configuration should be
implemented? Such as en- or disabling the tiled printing only for
selected wms (e.g. imagery), or up to which pixel width/height a
request should not be tiled. And where this configuration could be
stored ...

If you have any suggestions we would be happy to hear them.

Cheers, Michael

BTW.: Since it enhances the weldMaps2PNG class it shouldn't matter
which Mapbender (2.6 or 2.7) version you use and also if you use the
new printing stuff.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Treffen Sie uns auf der INTERGEO