[Mapbender-dev] ms4w and Mapbender - provide some information about Mapbender

Astrid Emde astrid.emde at wheregroup.com
Thu Aug 10 23:28:05 PDT 2017

Hello Jeff,

I had a workshop wit ms4w and mapbender this week.

Worked fine.

I only ran into trouble when we wanted to update Mapbender and run he
app/console commands which seams not to be possible with php fcgi.

We downloaded php in the end and used the php.exe to rund the
app/console commands.

Now the question is:
1. can we provide a description at ms4w page somewhere? Or did I miss
this page?
http://www.ms4w.com/README_INSTALL.html#

2. Can we provide a text-file in the download package to provide
important information?

3. Can we provide information about Mapbender3 here?
http://www.ms4w.com/download.html

ms4w makes it easy to use Mapbender and get it running. But if you want
more complex features (new database, search, digitizer, your own
template) you will need some background information.

What do you think?

Best regards

Astrid

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Astrid Emde
GIS-Consultant

FOSS Academy Sommerschule 2017
Aufbau von Geodateninfrastrukturen mit Open-Source-Software
11.-15. September 2017
www.foss-academy.com/sommerschule

  Astrid Emde
  WhereGroup GmbH & Co.KG