[Mapbender-dev] Mapbender OpenLayers sprint started - we expect two exciting weeks for the Mapbender team

Astrid Emde astrid.emde at wheregroup.com
Tue Jun 19 04:33:03 PDT 2018

Hello Mapbender Community,

the big Mapbender OpenLayers sprint started yesterday! Very exciting.
The goal for the next two weeks is to support the actual OpenLayers
version with Mapbender.

Developer in Bonn, Berlin and Freiburg are working on this goal and were
successful already.

Day 1: Every element was scanned [1]
Day 2: Mapbender is running with OpenLayer 4! Elements are ported step
by step to support OL4

We will update the status on the tickets and provide information on our
Mapbender website [2]

Details of the development and integration of OpenLayers are public at
Github see project [1].

If you would like to try the development you can follow
mapbender-starter an choose branch feature/ol4 [3] (please update
repository mapbender to branch ol4 on installation)

Please check out our sponsoring webpage. You still can participate [4]

We will keep you up-to-date!

[1] https://github.com/mapbender/mapbender/projects/3
[2] https://twitter.com/mapbender/status/1009032378554159104
[3] https://github.com/mapbender/mapbender-starter/tree/feature/ol4