gui_digitize

Daniel Goetz madprof at gmx.ch
Tue Aug 1 07:54:52 EDT 2006

Hi mapbender-community,

I have a question (may be it is a stupid question):

I have installed the latest mapbender-release (mapbender 2.4) on a local apache installation (ms4w 2.1). Then I opend the "gui_digitize" and draw a simple point-feature. Then I selected the "Save / update / delete" option. There I choose "my points" and filled in the text-fields (style, angle, annotation, gid, name) and click the save button. (But I left the field "style" empty, because I do not know what to fill in there; for gid I put in e.g. "12456"). Then I close mapbender.

After restarting mapbender ("gui_digitize") the point-feature I have drawn/created/saved before is not there anymore. Why?

For testing purpose I have created an account on the mapbender-test-server ("http://wms1.ccgis.de/mapbender_dev/"). There I accessed the "gui_digitize" as well and tried to draw and save a simple point-feature. When I reaccess the "gui_digitize" on the testserver the point-feature I have created is still there!!

So I ask me why in one case (local mapbender-installation) the created features could not be saved while in the other case (mapbender test server) it is possible? Could anybody explain that to me? In my opinion the local mapbender installation has to access the mapserver where the wfs-service is hosted (it is a wfs-service, isn't it?) via internet. So there should be the possibility the do a transaction-request regardless of where the mapbender-client is hosted. Am I right? But perhaps it has something to do with user/admin-athorizations?

Last but not least: when using the local installed mapbender "gui_digitize" I am not able to select features. This also works on the mapbender testserver, but not on the local installation. Why?

Many questions and I am sure some of them sound very silly in the ears of mapbender-professionals. I am sorry for that. But please be clement and help me to understand more about mapbender. Thank you for your help and time.

regards

Daniel