mapbender database error

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at ccgis.de
Tue Aug 8 11:38:30 EDT 2006

> ----- Forwarded message from smithveg <smithveg at gmail.com> -----
>
> Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 03:03:46 -0700
> From: smithveg <smithveg at gmail.com>
> To: jowalsh at osgeo.org
> Subject: mapbender database error
>
> Dear,
>
> smith here need your helps to install the mapbender. I have download the
> latest version 'mapbender_2.4'
> for the first step, i creata a database name 'map', then import the
> 'mysql_schema.sql'.\
> the mysql database in my machine do not have innob support, so i change all
> it to myisam when i create the table.
>
> next step i import 'mysql_data.sql'. it prompts me the error as below:. I
> have try to change the 'e_content' field's datatype to longblob ot longtext.
> but it still prompt me not enough space.
>
> Can you helps me at this point, Thanks
> Regards,
> ===============================================================================================
> Error
>
> *SQL query:* [image:
> Documentation]<http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/select.html>
>
> INSERT INTO gui_element( fkey_gui_id, e_id, e_pos, e_public, e_comment,
> e_element, e_src, e_attributes, e_left, e_top, e_width, e_height, e_z_index,
> e_more_styles, e_content, e_closetag, e_js_file, e_mb_mod, e_target,
> e_requires, e_url )
> VALUES ( 'wms_australia', 'content', 2, 1, 'text', 'div', '', '', 10, 50,
> 500, 30, 2, 'font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size : 12px;
> text-decoration : none; color: #808080;', 'This GUI is an OGC service
> catalog container and does not provide a map user interface. Please use the
> (<a href=''javascript:history.back()''>back</a>) link to select another GUI
> form your list or log off to log on using another account
> (identity).<br><br>Diese GUI ist ein OGC Service Katalog Beh???lter (Eimer,
> Container, nimm was Du meinst) und beinhaltet keine Kartenoberfl???che.
> Verwenden Sie diesen (<a href=''javascript:history.back()''>back</a>)
> Verweis, um aus der Liste eine andere GUI auszuw???hlen oder melden Sie sich
> ab, um sich mit einer anderen Kennung anzumelden. ', 'div', '', '', '', '',
> ''
> );
>
> *MySQL said: *[image:
> Documentation]<http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/error-returns.html>
> #1406 - Data too long for column 'e_content' at row 1
>
> ===============================================================================================
>
> ----- End forwarded message -----

Hi,
I forwarded your request regarding the Mapbender database error to the
Mapbender user list. Please register there by sending an email to
users-register at mapbender.osgeo.org
then you will automatically receive all answers sent to this request.

You need InnoDB to keep the integrity of the database. It will simply
not work without InnoDB, so you will need to upgrade your MySQL database
or directly migrate to PostgreSQL (which has all kinds of other goodies
like spatial data management built in with PostGIS, etc.)

Best regards,
Arnulf.