[Mapbender-users] the mapbender installation stuck on half way

smithveg smithveg at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 07:37:23 EDT 2006

ya, is that, but the password has already encrypted. How can i get the
password? otherwise i just add in a new user. But i do not know how to add
the password. I try to use the function as below.. it cannot go though..
case 1:
---------------------------------
postgres=# INSERT INTO mb_user
VALUES(1,'admin1',password(admin),1,'admin',100);

ERROR:  column "admin" does not exist
----------------------------------
case 2:
----------------------------------
postgres=# INSERT INTO mb_user
VALUES(1,'admin1',password('admin'),1,'admin',100
);
ERROR:  function password("unknown") does not exist
HINT:  No function matches the given name and argument types. You may need
to ad
d explicit type casts.
-----------------------------------

This are the 2 possible error i get, when i insert new record.

On 8/10/06, Manfred Meier <m.meier at spiekermann.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is in the mapbender database in table mb_user (at least in my mysql
> installation) a user root and a password? fields are "mb_user_name" and
> "mb_user_password".
>
> Manfred
>

> smithveg schrieb:
>
> > I'm using windows xp SP2, PostgreSQL (postgreSQL could support
> > mapbender), PHP 5.0.3
> > I did check for www.mapbender.org <http://www.mapbender.org> site, no
> > solution was found. I think i stuck at admin username and password. I
> > think it cannot get the default username and pasword from the
> > instalation guide. In addition, i never set any password. It may be the
> > default password.
> >
> > Thansk
> >
> > On 8/10/06, Lars-Hendrik Schneider <schneider at terrestris.de
> > <mailto:schneider at terrestris.de>> wrote:
> >
> >     Hi <realname?>,
> >
> >     smithveg schrieb:
> >      > Dear, I can't get the mapbender working. I stuck on half way,
> anyone
> >      > helps me. Thanks.
> >
> >     I think these are to less information. Please provide what you have
> >     done
> >     so far, which system you use (OS, database, PHP + version, which
> >     Mapbender ...) and describe in detail where you stuck. Have a look
> at
> >     the mapbender WIKI also to get some background information.
> Otherwise
> >     (like with this mail) it is impossible to help you!
> >
> >     Regards,
> >     Lars-Hendrik

> >     For additional commands, e-mail: users-help at mapbender.osgeo.org
> >     <mailto:users-help at mapbender.osgeo.org>