AW: [Mapbender-users] Draw mapreference ?

"Jäger, Frank \(KRZ\)" F.Jaeger at KRZ.DE
Tue May 16 09:26:58 EDT 2006

Hallo Nicolas,

>> Maxscale is 1700000

You're right: maxscale is the Problem, not minscale.

>> All my minscales  are on 0. What do I need to change

The Limitation is in the WMS.
The WMS will not send any Map on GetMap when "WIDTH & HEIGHT / BBOX" results to a Scale > Maxscale.
You can't change this by overwriting the "Maxscale from GetCapabilities" in the Mapbender "WMS GUI Settings".
Mapbender then will request GetMap but will not get one from WMS.

It only makes sense to change minscale/maxscale in Mapbender if you want stronger limitations:
  Minscale in Mapbender  > minscale of the WMS
  Maxscale in Mapbender  < maxscale of the WMS

The maxscale has to be reconfigured in the WMS (for example in the Map-File of the UMN-Mapserver).
Is it "your" WMS, or an WMS from an external Server?

What else can you do?

A Find a WMS which 's maxscale is big enough for an overview of 150 Pix

B Make your own WMS:
  - Download the MAP in 350x350 Pix.
  - Write down the BBOX-Koordinates
  - Save as TIF and TFW