Antw: [Mapbender-users] Mapbender automatic authentication

Arnulf Christl (OSGeo) arnulf.christl at wheregroup.com
Tue Apr 17 11:37:30 EDT 2007

On Tue, April 17, 2007 11:11, Simos Dimitrios wrote:

> That's what I meant, my error... it still doesn't work...

Hi,
you need to create a user named "guest" (or whatever name you want to use)
with a password in Mapbender *and* give that user permission to open the
corresponding gui. Check this example:

http://wms1.ccgis.de/mapbender2/frames/login.php?name=mapbender&password=mapbender&mb_user_myGui=ccgis_de

So there must be a user named "mapbender" with the password "mapbender"
(watch out, it is not encrypted, do not use a valuable password!) and that
user needs to have permission to use the GUI named "ccgis_de".

If you use an arbitrary username (for example "foo") it will not work
because the instance of http://wms1.ccgis.de/mapbender2/ does not know the
user "foo". Therfore you end up on the login page:

http://wms1.ccgis.de/mapbender2/frames/login.php?name=foo&password=something&mb_user_myGui=ccgis_de

You can also log in as user "ccgis" and password "ccgis" and will see all
GUI that are open to this user (many are defunct, this is a nold test user
account).

Best regards,
Arnulf.

--