[Mapbender-users] browser problems / Browserprobleme

Till Adams adams at terrestris.de
Fri Aug 31 06:41:44 EDT 2007

Dear Lars,

some comments on that:

> Hello mapbender users,
>
> as I could not find anything about browser compatibility in the wiki
> or the mailinglist, I would like to share my experiences and hope
> somebody can approve or disprove it.
>
> Firefox 2.0.0.6
>
> everything is fine
>

> Netscape 7.0
> (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; de-DE; rv:1.0.1)
> Gecko/20020823 Netscape/7.0 )
>
> everything is fine
>

> Opera
>
> 9.20 build 8771
>
> only the toolbar and mapbender logo were loaded
> Menu and mapframe are missing

Mapbender is not really compatible to Opera (mainly the old tree ccauses
problems, don't know about tree2).
I know of at least one person, who fixed this with an older mapbender
version.

> Internet Explorer
>
> 6.0.2800.1106
>
> everything is find, but transparent png images are gray

transparent png with rgba are not supported by IE <7

> Internet Explorer
>
> 7.0.5730.11
>
> only the toolbar and mapbender logo were loaded
> Menu and mapframe are missing

Maybe due to local (and I guess standard!) security settings of your IE
7, we have tested with IE7 and everything went well.

Regards, Till

> I tested it with a standard installation and only with gui "gui" on a
> local installation. But also with the mapbender demo from the wiki and
> some mapbender installations from the gallery. I was using 2 different
> computers (OS: Win2k).
>
> I was surprised that mapbender doesnt work with IE7 and Opera.
>
> Are these results known?
> Which environments are supported by mapbender?
>
> I can provide screenshots on request or further information.
>
> Thanks so far...
>
> lars
>

> ------- Deutsch
>
> Zum Thema Browserkompatibilität habe ich nichts im Wiki und der
> Mailingsliste gefunden und möchte nun meine Erfahrungen hiermit zur
> Disskusion stellen.
>
> Firefox 2.0.0.6
>
> alles i.O.
>

> Netscape 7.0
> (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; de-DE; rv:1.0.1)
> Gecko/20020823 Netscape/7.0 )
>
> alles i.O.
>

> Opera
>
> 9.20 build 8771
>
> nur Werkzeugleiste und MB-Logo werden geladen
> Menu und mapframe werden nicht dargestellt
>

> Internet Explorer
>
> 6.0.2800.1106
>
> alles i.O, nur transparente PNGs werden nicht richtig dargestellt
>

> Internet Explorer
>
> 7.0.5730.11
>
> nur Werkzeugleiste und MB-Logo werden geladen
> Menu und mapframe werden nicht dargestellt
>

> Gestestet habe ich mit einer lokalen Standardinstallation und der Gui
> "gui". Darüber hinaus habe ich auch die Demo aus dem MB-Wiki benutzt
> und auch 2 Anwendungen aus der MB-Gallery. Dazu habe ich zwei
> unterschiedliche Computer benutzt (OS: Win2K).
>
> Erstaunt hat mich das die Darstellung im Opera und IE7 nicht
> funktioniert.
>
> Sind das bekannte Probleme?
> Welche Umgebungen werden von Mapbender unterstüzt?
>
> Bei Bedarf kann ich auch Bildschirmfotos nachliefern oder andere
> Informationen.
>
> Vielen Dank soweit...
>
> lars

             terrestris ist umgezogen!