AW: [Mapbender-users] Mapbender Installation

Samson, Marko Marko.Samson at wald-und-holz.nrw.de
Wed Feb 28 04:27:23 EST 2007

Hi Ruby,

perhaps you should configure the Mapbender without OWSPROXY for the first time and just try to get the mapbender and mapserver running. Owsproxy is not essential to get the mapbender work.
When you installed the main things like apache,php,postgres/postgis and copied the mapbender directory to the htdocs of the mapbender, you can check out the mapbender_setup.php script with:

http://your-domainname-or-localhost/mapbender/tools/mapbender_setup.php

or, if you have not configured the apache vitual directory (the alias of mapbender):

http://your-domainname-or-localhost/mapbender/http/tools/mapbender_setup.php

It will give you some information about your installation status.

Much fun with learning german. They say, that its a very difficult to learn! ;-)
(But normally, everything at the mapbender wiki should be in english. Perhaps it will be translated soon?!)

Gruß,
Marko Samson

Marko Samson
Landesbetrieb Wald und Holz NRW