[Mapbender-users] Please try to communicate more in English language

Arnulf Christl (OSGeo) arnulf.christl at wheregroup.com
Thu Jul 5 17:34:04 EDT 2007

Hi All,
have two issues.

1. Lately more and more posts are coming in again in German language only.
This makes it hard for non-German speakers to get into the project. If we
want Mapbender to prosper and grow we need to get more international
involvement. To achieve that we should really try hard to write more in
English language. Other projects are clear about communicating in English
only and exclusively. I know that this is hard and does not make sense
with a broad German user base but we really should try.

2. On a similar issue: Once you have received help and could resolve a
problem - please feel obliged to document whatever you did in the Wiki. If
you need an account just say so, we are more than happy to give them away
(it is only done manually due to spamming isses). You cannot do anything
"wrong" in the Wiki, you cannot even mess it up. Cleaning is going to take
place, so if you want to become part of the party - you are welcome.

Best regards,
Arnulf.

--
Arnulf Benno Christl