[Mapbender-users] problems with digitize GUI with geoserver as WFS-T

Marco Lechner marco.lechner at geographie.uni-freiburg.de
Fri Mar 23 17:10:48 EDT 2007

Hi mapbender-users, hi Arnulf and Cristoph,

I was able to narrow the problem a little bit down:
First of all I'm using our own WFS-T based on geoserver (may be that's
the reason why there's on of the ccgis-Server called for the
xsi:schemaLocation - what ever this is).
the WFS-T works together with mapbender without problems (editing,
moving, creating, and deleting of pointProperties. The error only occurs
with MultiPolygon / Polygon. In the geoserver.log (wich produces about
4000 lines if loging "FEINER" just for one polygon-transaction I get the
error message (if this is the relevant error):

23.03.2007 15:07:05 org.vfny.geoserver.servlets.AbstractService sendError
SCHWERWIEGEND: Service exception occurred
org.vfny.geoserver.wfs.WfsException: java.lang.RuntimeException: problem
creating feature
Caused by: IllegalAttribute: com.vividsolutions.jts.geom.Polygon , but
got com.vividsolutions.jts.geom.MultiPolygon
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
com.vividsolutions.jts.geom.MultiPolygon is not an acceptable class for
the_geom as it is not assignable from class
com.vividsolutions.jts.geom.Polygon
Does this ring a bell?
The postgis polygon is of type MULTIPOLYGON in the "geometry_columns" -
in geoserver the type is also multiPolygonProperty and mapbender handles
the data also as "MultiPolygonPropertyType".

Seems to be a similar problem like (?):
http://www.nabble.com/Speicherung-von-digitalisierten-Daten-%C3%BCber-Geoserver-und-Postgis-t2938289.html

But my describefeaturetype works with this URL:
http://www.geographie.uni-freiburg.de:7080/geoserver/wfs?REQUEST=describefeaturetype&typename=floods
bzw.
http://www.geographie.uni-freiburg.de:7080/geoserver/wfs?REQUEST=describefeaturetype

Well, to be honest - I think there's still a lot for me to learn in this
domain.

Marco

Arnulf Christl schrieb:
> Christoph Baudson (WhereGroup) wrote:
>> Hi Marco,
>>
>> thanks for your mail. I'm sure it's a configuration issue.
>>
>> Did you try to feed the WFS-Request to GeoServer directly? Do you get
>> an error message? Another way is to throw an exception in geom2wfst.php:
>>
>> Just add another line at line number 106
>>
>> $e = new mb_exception('WFS result: '.$data);
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Christoph
>
> Hi,
> my 2ct are to have a look into the architecture. Is the corresponding
> Mapbender service allowed to access the internet? You are using
> wms1.ccgis.de as the WFS-T so your Mapbender scripts must be allowed
> into the internet, maybe you have to configure a proxy in
> mapbender.conf to be able to do this. Then we could also check whether
> our WFS modules are all correctly implemented to use these proxy
> settings.
>
> The main problem is that there are only very few WFS-T out there and
> practically not one of them is open to write back, not even
> OpenStreetMap operates one although they have a clear focus on free data.
>
> Best regards,
> Arnulf.
>
>> Marco Lechner schrieb:
>>> Hallo Mapbender-User,
>>>
>>> I started a little Mapbender-Installation using Version 2.4.1
>>> (2007-03-12) (svn)
>>> Created a nice GUI using the digitize GUI as template. I want to
>>> write some polygons via geoserver into a postgis-DB.
>>> But I just get the message "An error occured" while trying to save
>>> the polygon to the wfs in mapbender.
>>> Having a look to the apache-log it looks o.k.:
>>> ..."POST /chennai/mapbender_svn/extensions/geom2wfst.php HTTP/1.1"
>>> 200 20
>>> and also the transmitted values seem to be valid:
>>> ... <wfs:Transaction version="1.0.0" service="WFS"
>>> xmlns="http://www.someserver.com/myns"
>>> xmlns:chennai="http://www.geographie.uni-freiburg.de:7080/geoserver/wfs?"
>>> xmlns:gml="http://www.opengis.net/gml"
>>> xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
>>> xmlns:citef="http://www.opengis.net/cite/functions"
>>> xmlns:ogc="http://www.opengis.net/ogc"
>>> xmlns:topp="http://www.someserver.com/topp"
>>> xmlns:wfs="http://www.opengis.net/wfs"
>>> xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.someserver.com/myns
>>> http://wms1.ccgis.de/geoserver-1.3-beta4/wfs/getCapabilities?request=describefeaturetype
>>> http://www.opengis.net/wfs../wfs/1.0.0/WFS-transaction.xsd"><wfs:UpdatetypeName="chennai:floods"><wfs:Property><wfs:Name>notes</wfs:Name><wfs:Value>blablub</wfs:Value></wfs:Property><wfs:Property><wfs:Name>year</wfs:Name><wfs:Value>1998</wfs:Value></wfs:Property><wfs:Property><wfs:Name>the_geom</wfs:Name><wfs:Value><gml:MultiPolygon
>>> srsName="EPSG:4326"><gml:polygonMember><gml:Polygon><gml:outerBoundaryIs><gml:LinearRing><gml:coordinates>80.234,12.971
>>> 80.241,12.964 80.253,12.976
>>> 80.234,12.971</gml:coordinates></gml:LinearRing></gml:outerBoundaryIs></gml:Polygon></gml:polygonMember></gml:MultiPolygon></wfs:Value></wfs:Property><ogc:Filter><ogc:FeatureId