[Mapbender-users] Charset/coding problem: broken Umlaute with MB 2.4.2

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at wheregroup.com
Tue Nov 27 04:26:22 EST 2007

garp5 at gmx.de wrote:
> Hallo Michael,
>
> ja, für die Mapbender Datenbank mit Latin 1 Kodierung habe ich die
> pgsql_data.sql aus dem Ordner
> ...\mapbender\resources\db\postgresql\iso\ genommen.
>
> Das war aber nur ein Test. Eigentlich möchte ich lieber mit UTF-8
> arbeiten. Dabei möchte ich aber nicht auf korrekt dargestellt Umlaute
> verzichten. Notfalls bleibe ich bei der Version 2.4.1, warte auf die
> kommende Version 2.5 und hoffe, dass es dann funzt.
>
> Viele Grüße garp

Hi Devs,
I am not up to date, sorry if this is cleared out already and I just did not notice.

If not - is it required that we check into how Mapbender handles ISO and UTF-8 conversions in more details? What happens if we upload a Capabilities Document into an ISO database that contains cahracters in UTF-8 and vice versa? Are the methodesupload, update, edit metadata and others that deal with this problem "character encoding aware"?

Best regards, Arnulf.