[Mapbender-users] Zoom and Center Module

Len Kne knex0001 at umn.edu
Wed Apr 9 12:25:03 EDT 2008

Greetings

I have been doing some eye tracking research on how people use the different
navigation tools in web mapping (using a Mapbender interface).  Specifically
I am interested in efficiencies of using the "zoom by rectangle" module,
verses the "pan" & "zoom" modules.  I'm still early into the work, but one
pattern is emerging with the "ZoomIn" tool.  People click on it and expect
it to change the mouse behavior similar to pan and zoom by rectangle.  They
try to go to the mapframe and zoom in, centering on where they click the
mouse.

My question is has anyone developed a module that combines center and
ZoomIn?  I did not see it in the list of modules.  If not, I'll give it a
try - I'm thinking it should be fairly straightforward.

Thanks

Len