[Mapbender-users] MB 2.5: capabilities-upload does not work

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at wheregroup.com
Fri Apr 25 14:41:40 EDT 2008

Tilo Wütherich wrote:
> Hello Again,
>
>> I'm testing MB 2.5rc2 and have some problems with uploading
>> wms-capabilities
>> documents. Some docs are partially hand-edited. You can see the calls and
>
> I found the cause of the malfunktion after spending some hours of
> bug-tracking. Obviously Mapbender does not upload a capabilities document if
> in the <ContactInformation> is some text with Umlaute - is this a bug of
> Mapbender or a misconfiguration of my installation? I'm running now
> geoserver 1.6.3 with utf-8 and mapbender 2.5 with ISO-8859-1.
>
> Greetings,
>
> Tilo

Tilo,
please create a ticket and add versions, platform and ideally the Capabilities URL or add the document as an XML file directly to the ticket (to find this bug the GetMap is notrequired). Encoding is a permanent issue and the more input the team gets the better.

If you have trouble doing this, let this list know (this is part of trying to help introducing Trac usage).

Best regards,
Arnulf.