[Mapbender-users] German 'Umlauts' in PDF-Print

Michael Schulz mschulz at webgis.de
Wed Aug 6 07:21:53 EDT 2008

Hi Ronald,

I have filed a ticket concerning a similar problem, that one will face
when using i18n with printPDF:
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapbender/ticket/265

I am not even sure if this is a problem related only to the encoding,
but maybe also to the font used in pdf printing. If it were "only"
encoding problems, then we didn't have to use this special character
array you'll find in mod_printPDF_pdf.php. But I agree, that pdf only
works with iso-8859-1 characters.

Cheers, Michael

Michael Schulz
mschulz at webgis.de