[Mapbender-users] Secure a WMS

Stephan Holl stephan.holl at intevation.de
Fri Dec 5 05:30:12 EST 2008

Hallo Johannes,

"Hr. Johannes Loose" <loose at lwf.uni-muenchen.de>, [20081203 - 14:23:44]

probably it is not the stuff you want to hear on a mapbender-list, but
I like to bring in another piece of software in here for your task;
deegree iGeosecurity[1].

We use this software very successfully since this allows to separate
the proxy-software from the OWS-services. The needed
service-configuration can also kept separate from all of them, which
scales quite nicely on large installations. The communication is done
SSL-encrypted.

[...]

The nice thing is that the capabilities gets manupulated based on the
layer-access of the querrying user.

Best regards

	Stephan

[1]