[Mapbender-users] Betreff: Re: Install Mapbender in Xampplite

Karsten Vennemann karsten at TERRAGIS.NET
Fri May 2 13:51:55 EDT 2008

>>>Did I understand correctly, that after that all I have to insert the login
root" and the password "root" at the login-start-screen of mapbender running
at an localhost? How look the following screen like?>>>

Yes root/root is the default password. If you get the login screen then php
seems to be running correctly. The next screen is a list of all
applications/or called "GUI's" that come with the initial insatllation
package.
If you can't get to that screen but instead nothing happens or you return to
another login screen I would  check whether you have all needed access
rights for your mapbender user to the mapbender database and tables and
whether the settings in mapbender.conf are set correctly (compare with
installation instructions). You can also check the mapbender lo file to see
whether there was any note that gives you more information about what might
be wrong. The error logging needs to be switched on in mapbender.conf . I
have for example the following lines in my config file:
define("LOG_LEVEL_LIST", "off,error,warning,notice,all");
define("LOG_LEVEL", "all");
define("LOG_JS", "on"); // "on", "alert", "console", "off"

Karsten