[Mapbender-users] Antwort: Mapserver Imagecolor

Astrid Emde (WhereGroup) astrid.emde at wheregroup.com
Mon May 5 05:28:47 EDT 2008

Hello,

when Mapbender performs the MapRequests The parameter TRANSPARENT=True
is uses by default. Here is an example for such a MapRequest

http://wms1.ccgis.de/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/data/umn/germany/germany.map&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetMap&SERVICE=WMS&LAYERS=Topographie,Grenze,Bundeslaender,Staedte,Postleitzahlbereiche,Bahnlinien,Strassen,Staedtepunkte,Staedtenamen,Bundeslaendernamen&STYLES=,,,,,,,,,&SRS=EPSG:31467&BBOX=2931821.5625,5248260,4262868.4375,6100130&WIDTH=625&HEIGHT=400&FORMAT=image/png&BGCOLOR=0xffffff&TRANSPARENT=TRUE&EXCEPTIONS=application/vnd.ogc.se_inimage

This is usefull when many WMS overlay eachother.

Although you defined blue as background color this is not displayed,
because the image is requested transparent. In the Request you see the
paramter BGCOLOR=0xffffff& to set the Backgroundcolor. This is set to
white by default by Mapbender. You could change all this in the code in
mapbender/php/map.js (line 664 function setMapRequest)

The better way would be to create a new layer in your mapfile which
represents the background. You could create a layer with an inline
feature (http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/reference/mapfile/feature)
that covers the whole extent of your WMS.

best regards astrid

Astrid Emde

 Astrid Emde
 WhereGroup GmbH & Co.KG