[Mapbender-users] dynamic href in tooltips / mod usemap

Michael Schulz mschulz at webgis.de
Wed May 28 10:08:27 EDT 2008

Hi Tilo,

it should be possible, although you would have to add several things:

- the function mod_usemap_set() is actually called from php/mod_usemap.php
- it is there that the js arrays um_title, um_x, um_y are created with
content from the wfs request
- you could create another array, e.g. um_id and fill this array with
another element value of your wfs request
- then you need to change the function defintion and the call to the
function accordingly mod_usemap_set(title, x, y, id)
- add some content with id values to the href attribute

BUT, be aware that actually clicking on the hilited point could cause
another action to be invoked (the onclick event of the currently
activated tool) instead of following the link in your area tag.

Cheers, Michael

2008/5/20 Tilo Wütherich <tilo.wuetherich at la-bw.de>:
> Hi All of You,
>
> I'm testing mod usemap with its tooltips and I am just wondering whether it
> is possible to make the url in line 49 (module javascripts/mod_usemap.php)
> dynamic with some WFS-result content, e.g. an id to call a specific page and
> not only a static one for the whole layer. I'm using MB 2.4.2 and Geoserver
> 1.5.4.
>
> Greetings,
>
> Tilo

Michael Schulz