[Mapbender-users] Upload WMS fails with no Error

Friedrich Hoedl friedrich.hoedl at hoedl-online.de
Wed Dec 9 13:22:37 EST 2009

Dear Mapbender Community,

now i have been searching for a long time in this mailinglist to fix my
phenomenon – but until now I had no success.
So i´d like to place my question right here in this mailinglist:

I still have a fully functional mapserver-Installation with a mapfile that
is based on an example taken out of one of the O´Reilly-Books
(http://www.webmappingillustrated.com/Beispiele ) and liked to publish a WMS
with one Layer.
Therefore I tried to upload this  new WMS to my existing windows mapbender
Installation.

I don´t have a problem to load this WMS under Quantum GIS and in there, my
layer is shown correctly.
So I went back to mapbender and tried to load the same WMS by clicking “Load
WMS” in the Main Menue.
I used the following URL:

http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=C:/ms4w/Apache/htdocs/global.map&RE
QUEST=GetCapabilities&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1

 and pushed the “Load” - Button.

After some time (approx. 30 Seconds) the Browser gave back the URL:

file:
http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=C:/ms4w/Apache/htdocs/global.map&RE
QUEST=GetCapabilities&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1

but nothing else.

The Logfiles (Apache, PHP and mapbender) doesn´t show anything unusual.

Does anyone knows what this means?
I don´t know what´s not ok – the mapfile?
Something in my mapbender-configuration?

Opening an external WMS works fine so i´m very confused where to search
next.

Thanks for all and best regards

Fritz Hoedl