[Mapbender-users] problems in loading a mapserver-WMS to mapbender

Astrid Emde (WhereGroup) astrid.emde at wheregroup.com
Mon Feb 16 15:01:42 EST 2009

Hello Albert,

please change the WMS_ONLINERESOURCE in your mapfile. Always use / .

WMS_ONLINERESOURCE
"http://www.xxx.info/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=D:/ms4w/Apache/htdocs/maps/bplan.map"

Please check first whether you get an xml as response from the MapServer:
http://www.xxx.info/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=D:/ms4w/Apache/htdocs/maps/bplan.map&service=WMS&request=GetCapabilities

Then you can load the WMS in Mapbender

Best regards Astrid

On Mon, February 16, 2009 6:20 pm, Albrecht GMX wrote:
> Hi mapbender list,
> i'm just a newbie in using mapbender (but sooner or later it had to
> come ;o)
> I was just trying to load a WMS into my newly created gui. With
> geoserver-WMS it was no problem. But when loading my UMN mapserver-WMS,
> i've got an error from mapserver. Here's the error: "
> msLoadMap(): Unable to access file.
> (D:ms4wApachehtdocsmapsplan.map) ". As you might see,
> mapbender removed all backslashes of the URL. Formerly the URL
> was
> href="http://www.xxx.info/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=D:\ms4w\Apache\htdocs\maps\bplan.map&service=WMS&request=GetCapabilities">http://www.xxx.info/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=D:\ms4w\Apache\htdocs\maps\bplan.map&amp;service=WMS&amp;request=GetCapabilities</a>&nbsp;(i
> don't know, if the messages are posted somewhere on the www, so i aliased
> the url - if someone want to know, i can send the url personally via
> email). Uploading the URL in the&nbsp;<a class=rvts10
> href="http://localhost/mapbender/frames/index.php?&gui_id=admin_de_services">admin_de_services</a><span
> class=rvts8>&nbsp;was successful. Mapbender showed the capabilities found.
> Only later, when testing to show the map in the gui, i received the error.
> Does somebody know, what's wrong here?
>
> Albrecht

 FOSSGIS Konferenz 2009
 17.-19. März 2009 in Hannover