[Mapbender-users] Digitize UTF-8-WFS-T in Latin1-Mapbender

Jäger, Frank (KRZ) F.Jaeger at KRZ.DE
Fri Jul 17 05:28:09 EDT 2009

Hallo,

System:  mapbender 2.5.1, Debian 4, php 5, PostgreSQL 8.1, PostGIS 1.1, Apache 1.3

The Service is only available in our Extranet.
Another Mapbender on this Maschine is public via "reverse Proxy", but not the GeoServer WFS-T.

We have many trouble with "coding" (LATIN/UTF).
For Example:

- We can't Upload the Capabilities of the WFS (UTF) into Mapbender (LATIN),
  if there are "Umlaute" in the Abstract.
  (-> SQL-Error)

- In "Add WMS from filterd List" a line ends at first occurence auf {ä|ö|ü|ß}
  (in Abstract or WMS-Title).

My be a general Parameter of Apache or PHP or locales is wrong?

Frank