[Mapbender-users] GetFeatureInfo on WMS

Robert Walter robert-walter at gmx.de
Wed Sep 30 07:32:23 EDT 2009

Hi Michael,

thanks for your answer.

Setting "ficheckbox" to false works for switching the layer manually off. But when the setting maxScale in wms settings is set and the layer is invisible because of the mapscale, the featureinfo still shows the error.

And when I surf through the mapbender application in the wiki-gallery, obviously no one uses the maxscale setting in conjunction with the featureinfo tool. So this seems to be a known problem.

Greetings Robert

Hi Robert,

as far as I can see it is true, that Mapbender currently doesn't check
whether a queryable layer is also visible, and if not visible
automatically also disables it's queryability.

I think we had some discussion about that issue in the past, because
there are use-cases, when you exactly want a layer to be queryable but
not visible. The outcome is, that when using treegde with element_var
"ficheckbox" set to true, it is up to the user to en-/disable
visbility/queryability in the tree by means of seperate checkboxes. If
"ficheckbox" is set to false, you'll only get one checkbox per layer,
that toggles visbility/queryability combined on or off. So maybe
thats's what you're looking for.

Cheers, Michael

2009/9/30 Robert Walter <robert-walter at gmx.de>:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using Mapbender 2.6 with a modified copy of gui2. The error message appears if
a wms layer is set to invisible or invisible because of it's scale and the
featureinfo checkbox is still enabled. I think there should be a dependency
between the visibility of a layer and the possibility to make featureinfo
requests.