[Mapbender-users] GazetteerWFS nodes problem

Astrid Emde astrid.emde at wheregroup.com
Mon Feb 8 02:50:21 EST 2010

Hello Edison,

On Fri, February 5, 2010 2:47 pm, Edison Fernando Bravo Chancay wrote:
> Hello list
>

> What is the maximum number of nodes that a gazetteer can do a search?
> I have more than 20,000 nodes in one polygon and no searching

20.000 nodes if far too much, as the resultGeometry is transfered into
the Client into a GeoJSON.

> and how can I change this parameter?

There is no Mapbender parameter which you can change.

But you could change the WFS access on your data:
If you have your data in a PostgreSQL database you can easily change the
query and do a search on the boundingbox of your polygon or on a
simplyfied polygon with less nodes.

CREATE VIEW query_mytable AS
SELECT gid, name, st_envelope(the_geom) as the geom FROM mytable;

CREATE VIEW query_mytable AS
SELECT gid, name, st_simplify(the_geom,100) as the geom FROM mytable;

I hope this information will help.

Best regards

Astrid

[1] http://postgis.org/documentation/manual-1.5/ST_Envelope.html
[2] http://postgis.org/documentation/manual-1.5/ST_Simplify.html

> Edison
>

> --
> Este mensaje ha sido analizado por MailScanner
> en busca de virus y otros contenidos peligrosos, y se considera que está
> limpio.
>
> INSTITUTO GEOGRAFICO MILITAR

Astrid Emde

FOSSGIS Konferenz 2010