[Mapbender-users] Monitoring module - status

Armin Retterath armin.retterath at lvermgeo.rlp.de
Fri Dec 9 03:11:19 EST 2011

(by cc)

hello jeff,

we use this tool in rhineland-palatinate (state of germany) since many
years. the monitoring is started thru
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapbender/browser/trunk/mapbender/tools/monitorCapabilities.sh
. the script is used for us and if you want to monitor the services of
other users or groups you have to change the part "group:36". the
monitoring is controlled via cronjob. we control the 280 services
every 2 hours. the result is written as xml to the tools/tmp/ folder
(chown to the user which starts the cron!!!). this folder have to be
cleaned regulary (maybe with acron like this:
find /data/mapbender/tools/tmp -type f -print | xargs rm -f)
after the timeout (mapbender.conf) is reached, the results which are
also written to the xml files, are stored into the database. this is
done because you will have to many open db connections if you write
the results directly to db ;-)
i think the system is quiet reliable. it uses a diff class from
mediawiki to show the diffs between the local and the remote
capabilities.
we will do some further work in the next year:
1. scheduler for actualize the service metadata
2 rest interface to register services in the mapbender database
if you have any questions please ask them.

i changed the files part in the documentation - they were to old :-(

regards

--

Armin Retterath

Zentrale Stelle Geodateninfrastruktur Rheinland-Pfalz
LVermGeo RP

Ferdinand-Sauerbruchstraße 15
56073 Koblenz

Telefon: +49 (0)261/492-466