[Mapbender-users] Re: geoserver print request wrong

Albert Polze A.Polze at mailbox.tu-berlin.de
Wed Jul 6 08:39:58 EDT 2011

Setup: mapbender: 2.7.1 ; geoserver: 2.1.0 ; Debian

hey list,

meanwhile I needed to made a fresh setup. But the problem staid. I tried
very hard with the rewrite modul for apache. Well I only understand the
basics (writing the instruction is still a mysterie...) but I know that,
even if the modul is acitivated, it is by default off until i set
"RewriteEngine On".
So a came to the conclusion that this isn't the problem.

Be cause armin11 mentioned the owsproxy I deactivated it in mabender.conf  
(...Mapbender-Setup-Checker says "OWSPROXY not defined") just to be sure
that it doesn't causes the problem.

Then I thought that the url-encoding could be wrong be cause of different
So I would like to ask if someone could compare my configuration to

This seems to be my last hope to get the printing work.....

mapbender: charset UTF 8
OS: Debian: default locale none (therefore charset none) (b.c. my admin said
Databse: UTF8
geoserver: UTF 8
apache: default charset commented out -> commenting in UTF-8 made no
php.ini: default charset commented out -> commenting in UTF-8 made no

Im not sure if it helps but I checked the geoserver.log and the server-pc
encodes the print-request with "%253A" instead of ":", while mapbender.log
shows "%3A".

xxx.xxx.xx.87 -  -  [06/Jul/2011:11:50:22 +0000] "GET

2011.07.06, 12:50:22,ERROR: weldMaps2PNG: unable to load image:

The client-pc which uses the GUI encoded ":" with "%3A" and as mentioned the
layer are shown
xxx.xxx.xx.102 -  -  [06/Jul/2011:11:50:22 +0000] "GET

Please tell me if this is not part of the mapbender-list anymore.

thanks, Albert

View this message in context: http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/geoserver-print-request-wrong-tp6482919p6554215.html
Sent from the mapbender-users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

More information about the Mapbender_users mailing list